ON-GOING WORK AT THE NORTH WEST BIORESOURCES
DEVELOPMENT CENTRE (BIODEC) KATSINA
5. NABDA Youths Economic Empowerment through Bioresources
6. Promotion and development of Bioprocess industries in the Country
a)Â Â Â The construction of pilot scale biofuel plant by the Agency at OAU, Ile-Ife.
b)Â Â Â Development of Bioreactor
The Agency has developed a package for the local production and commercialization of this all-important equipment in collaboration with LAUTEC, Ogbomosho
7. The Agency has established a Public Private Participation programme between Clinotech of Canada, Stone Bridge Holdings, May and Baker both of Nigeria and NABDA for local manufacturing of drugs in its quest to finding solutions to diseases that are found in Nigeria.
8. Establishment of a Manufacturing facility for the production of HIV/AIDS, Malarial and Hepatitis-B Diagnostic Kits in collaboration with Trinitron Biotech, Nig. Ltd
HIV/AIDS, MALARIA, and HEPATITIS-B Assembly Lab
9. The Agency has established collaboration with School of Pharmacy, University of Waterloo and PharmEng. Technology, Canada for the development of Joint Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Certification program through a 3-month training approved by Nigerian University Commission (NUC); to empower Nigerians to develop the necessary skills and competences for the production of bio-pharmaceuticals. The 3-months training have since commenced and presently on-going.
10.Facilitation of the passage of the Biosafety Bill by the National Assembly.
11. Bioremediation of oil spilled areas through biotechnology intervention is on-going in collaboration with the Senate and the Niger Delta Ministry.
12. Waste management is project is also on-going with Oyo State government
Page 2 of 4
We have 5 guests online