COLLABORATION BETWEEN UMBIOTECH/NEZBCE WITH NATIONAL CENTRE FOR GENETIC RESOURCES AND BIOTECHNOLOGY (NACGRAB)Â Â IBADAN.
Mrs. Mary Olayode, Principal Tissue Culture Technologist NAGRAB visited the Centre in February, 2009. After careful inspection of the Tissue Culture Laboratory space, she found that the space is adequate for the meantime. After extensive discussions with the Coordinating Director and the staff of the Centre on the way forward of the development of Tissue Culture, she recommended the immediate restructuring of the Tissue Culture Laboratory, purchase and installation of appropriate special flush doors, aluminium sliding and double doors. Development of Cupboard and window protectors. We are happy to report that the restructuring works and the installations of doors and windows have been undertaken by the University and reached 98% completion. The delay was due to four months long nation wide strike by ASUU.
- One Month Training Programme Organized by Department of Medical Laboratory University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital for three newly employedÂ technical staff of the Centre, November, 2008 (AppendixÂ IX).
- A two weeks on the Job Training at National Centre for Genetic Resources and Biotechnology (NACGRAB) in Ibadan, 16th â€“ 27thÂ February, 2009 attended by Jummai T. Kaldapa, Senior Technologist of the Centre (Appendix X). Two other technologist of the Centre also attended the same course in August 13th â€“ 23rd,Â 2009 at NACGRAB. Appendix XI.
- 2010 Ali Abba Benishekh went on national training on Plant Tissue Culture and Temporary Immersion Bioreactor (TIB) Techniques. NACGRAB Ibadan.
- 2010 Bukar mwajim went on Pathology Diagnostic Workshop. NIPRD, 10th-14th May.
- 2010 18th-24th July, NACGRAB Ibadan. Jummai T. kaldapa. 2010 26th-29rdÂ July, Ali Abba Benishekh and 2010 26th-29rdÂ July, Bukar Mwajim, went on the Summer Short Course on Tropical PlantÂ Biotechnology held at NABDA, December, 2010.
- 2010 Ali Abba Benishekh attended Annual National Conference/Scientific Workshop of the Nigerian Institute of Science Laboratory Technology, 3rd-6th November, Kano.